LIRC and CAC event to be held June 3, 4, and 5 in Little Italy, Cleveland
Cleveland, OHIO May 11, 2016– The Little Italy Redevelopment Corporation and Cuyahoga Art & Culture are proud to host the 2016 Summer Art Walk where Culinary Arts Meet the Fine Arts. The event will take place the first weekend in June, beginning Friday June 3 at 5:00 pm. Friday hours are from 5:00-9:00 pm, Saturday June 4 from noon- 9:00 pm, and Sunday June 5 from noon- 6:00 pm.
Some of the planned merchant highlights include:
• Book Folding Sculptures lessons at Ampersand Goods
• Pics on Route 66, an exhibition of over 140 photographs taken along iconic historic
highway, at David Schwartz Photography
• Lecture on the art of enamel jewelry making from DeSapri DeSign
• Italian Wine Tastings and MontAmore Cheeses at Little Italy Wines
• Artist reception for Julie Cook at Moonstruck CLE on Friday evening
• Reception for world famous 3D pop artist Charles Fazzino at Pennello Gallery on Saturday evening
• Still Point Gallery will feature the abstract expressionist-style paintings of Cherie Lesnick
• Tara Seibel Art Gallery will showcase local artists Charles Bowman III and Jeff Santula,
as well as pottery by Mark Nafziger and photography by David Schwartz.
• Tricia Kaman will be exhibiting her Women in Reverie paintings
• Book signing with Lilianna Leone, author of “Eiffels” at Topsi Turvy Saturday from 1- 3
• Art discussion comparing the relationship between digital and analog design techniques with Mason Milani at Urban Orchid and much, much more
Other planned events include a Saturday ice cream social in Tony Brush Park, Barrio Taco’s food truck, Vendor Village, or “Villaggio Artista” featuring local artists including Let’s Face It Caricatures and painter Dani Altieri Marinucci, as well as musical performances from some of the area’s brightest talent. There will be fun for all ages during the three-day art walk, from Little Italy’s fantastic culinary delights to talented artisans and performers. Event committee member David Schwartz says, “We are very excited to have CAC partner with us to strengthen the Little Italy art walks.” He elaborates, “It has been my goal since I joined LIRC and the merchant’s association three years ago to bring the art walks back to the popularly that they carried back in the 1990s and 2000s.” The collaboration with Cuyahoga Arts & Culture allows the Little Italy Redevelopment Corporation to continue to inspire and strengthen the community by utilizing public funding for arts and culture to help build stronger, more resilient arts and culture organizations, creating vibrant and energetic neighborhoods infused with culture, which will establish Cuyahoga County as a hub of creative activity and a destination for artists.
Future walks are planned for Notte Biana/White Night Festival in July, the Columbus Day Art Walk in October, and the Holiday Art Walk in December.
To follow along with the event or to learn how you can participate, contact: Ray Kristosik at (216) 791-4907
or see our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LittleItalyICLE/